DCT IT (“DCTIT”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) has developed this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) document to govern DCT IT’s online services (“Services”) which consist of Domain Registrations/Transfers/Management, Web Hosting, Data Backups and any related add-on products. Our AUP is incorporated into our Terms of Service (TOS) and any other contracts we have with you by this reference. Terms not defined in this AUP have the meaning given to them in your agreement with us in our Terms of Service (TOS).
Failure to abide by the terms of this AUP shall be grounds for immediate account suspension or termination, in some cases without notice, and forfeiture of all fees paid. Please note that the evolving nature of the Internet prevents us from including in this AUP all possible unacceptable usage of the Services. We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, what other activities are unacceptable.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your End Users comply with the terms of this AUP. Your failure to do so constitutes a violation of this AUP.
The following are considered violations of DCT IT AUP (acceptable use policy)
- Illegal use: DCT IT’s services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. DCT IT reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
- Threats: Use of the DCT IT service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the DCT IT service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of DCT IT service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes” and “chain letters.”
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM) Use of the DCT IT service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending DCT IT account.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Anyone hosting websites or services on their server that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their server immediately removed from our network. The server will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the server to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the server from our network without notice to the customer. Any server guilty of a second violation WILL be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice.
- E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person’s use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending DCT IT account.
- E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the DCT IT service is in violation of this AUP.
- Usenet SPAMing: DCT IT has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Unauthorized access: Use of the DCT IT service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of DCT IT’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending DCT IT account is subject to immediate termination.
- Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the DCT IT service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data: Use of the DCT IT service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the DCT IT service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use DCT IT Services or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual’s computer system will result in immediate account termination. DCT IT will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Pornography: Hosting any kind of pornography (video or image or text) or related services or content on DCT IT servers.
- Copyrights: Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using DCT IT services could result in suspension service.
- Third Party Accountability: DCT IT subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Reseller accounts may not be used to offer any form of free domain hosting services. Violations will result in immediate suspension of service
- Accounts may not be used as torrent trackers of any kind. This includes torrent trackers of legitimate content.
- Accounts may not run proxy scripts of any kind. This is not strictly limited to PHPProxy or CGIProxy this also includes any others.